Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fresh Tomato Basil Pizza



This is about the easiest pizza to make and takes about 15 minutes to cook. We usually have pizza a couple of times a month, but our favorite place on the corner went out of business! First pick fresh tomatoes and basil. I have Italian basil growing (behind her) and Thai basil that she is holding. I love the Thai basil as it doesn't have the minty flavor that Italian basil has AND it has purple flowers:-) That may be the real reason but it just smells so good when the wind blows that I have a couple of really big plants.


I always have some baked chicken so I used that, too.
In a 9x13 pan I rolled out some pie crust (it is flakier on thin crust pizza), with the back of a spoon smooth out about 1/2 cup of tomato sauce. On top of that spread out 2 cups of cubed baked chicken. Now, you layer on the cheese. On top of the cheese single layer fresh sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with finely chopped basil. Bake for 12-15 minutes and serve hot!
Sorry about the picture. I made 2 pans of it thinking I would have a great picture with the second one once the steam quit rising, but my son liked it A LOT more than I thought he would.

No comments:

Post a Comment